AESS is pleased to introduce a new digital Security Agreement.¬†In order to access the¬†security¬†agreement,¬†the person initiating the form must have an AdobeSign account. The form initiator must complete the form entirely including¬†netid, phone number, and employee identification number.¬†Once completed, the form will be sent to the applicant to be signed then to the department approver.¬†The applicant and department approver do not need an AdobeSign account to sign the application.¬†After the¬†agreement¬†has been signed by both the applicant and department approver, the application will automatically be sent to the AESS¬†Security¬†Agreement¬†Team to be processed.¬†¬†Please allow several days for acquiring the necessary signatures and processing. The applicant will receive an email with instructions when the account is ready for use. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below:
1. Go to the AdobeSign home page:¬†https://riceuniversity.na1.documents.adobe.com/account/home
2. In the middle of the page, select the workflow "OIT - Edgar/Banner¬†Security¬†Agreement" from the dropdown, then click Start. (If you do not see the "workflow drop down", please email¬†firstname.lastname@example.org¬†to request AdobeSign access.)
3.¬†Enter the applicant¬†and department approver¬†email¬†addresses.
4. Update the document name to read - FIRST LAST - Edgar/Banner¬†Security¬†Agreement¬†- YYMMDD
5.¬†Optional:¬†On the right-hand side in the grey box, you may set an automatic reminder.
6. Click Send
7. This will bring you to the application. Please make sure to complete anything with a red asterisk along with any¬†security¬†access being requested. Once the form is completed, click the submit button in the bottom black bar.¬†
8. After you click submit, the application will be sent to the applicant's email. The applicant must read the Code of Responsibility and initial in 3 locations,¬†then sign they have read and understand.
9. Once the applicant has completed the form, it will be sent to the Department Approver's email you listed initially. When they have signed¬†the application¬†it will be automatically sent to the AESS¬†SecurityAgreement¬†Team.
If any questions about the process above, please email¬†email@example.com.¬†
Banner Security Agreement used to request access to Rice University's administrative information systems
An online version of the Banner Security Agreement
Request access to Web Time Entry applications or Online Labor Redistribution only
Security Agreement for PI (Principal Investigator) Access ONLY