The following tools are offered and supported by OIT's Learning Environments in conjunction with other teaching and learning services. Visit our FAQ for answers to the most common questions for Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, and more.
- Login Log in to Canvas
- Status Check to see if there are any known issues with Canvas
- Online Tutorials Learn how to use Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, and other course tools through live workshops, recorded trainings, and other programs.
- LTI - Learning Tools Interoperability Learn more about requesting third party integration tools
- Course Specific Mailing Lists OIT can create course specific mailing lists for each individual course section for Canvas users upon request. If you would like your mailing lists created, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Classrooms Determine classroom resources by building or search for a room that fits your needs
- Computer Labs Browse a list of computer lab locations and printing rates
- Reserving Classrooms Request a classroom with specific technology here
- Podium Tutorials Information about using the podium computers
- Podium FAQ Answers to commonly asked questions
- Windows Software Load Current list of all available software on Rice lab Windows computers
- Mac Software Load Current list of all available software on Rice lab Macintosh computers
- Software Requests Software requests for Registrar-managed classrooms and teaching labs are due to OIT in April of each year, and the software is set before the start of the academic year in August.
- AV Vendors for Non-supported Spaces and Equipment Suggested vendors if you need assistance in spaces not controlled by the Office of the Registrar
- Screen Capture: Kaltura Capture: course and desktop capture tool to record videos of class sessions
- Multimedia Share: Kaltura: storing and delivering asynchronous digital media, including recorded video and audio
- Web Conferencing [login] Zoom: video and web conferencing tool that supports online meetings and group messaging
- Audience Response Systems Interactive classroom quizzing/polling
- GOOGLE Workspace for Education [login] Includes Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- MICROSOFT 365 for Education [login] Includes Office Apps Suite (Desktop and Web), Teams, OneDrive, Forms, Stream, Power Apps & Automate
- Box at Rice [login] Enterprise cloud-based storage
- Blogs [login] WordPress self-service blog platform
- Video Digitization Digitize Blu-rays, DVDs, and VHS tapes and add to your course's Canvas site
- Computational Resources Application development support and tools
- Event Services Training on classrooms and labs
- Live Events Currently streaming events
- Archived Events Previously live streamed events
- Resources Tools available through vendor partnerships