OIT can digitize and post videos from Blu-rays, DVDs, and VHS tapes in your course’s Canvas site. This will make videos more accessible to your students and you can spend class time discussing videos rather than viewing them.
If you would like us to digitize a Blu-ray disc, DVD, or VHS tape, please drop it off in the Classroom Video Drop Box next to the OIT Operations Center in the main lobby of Mudd Lab.
- Instructor's name
- Instructor's NetID
- Course number and section number
- Date dropped off
- Special instructions, e.g., English subtitles or Spanish audio
For your convenience, you can print out a PDF form to include with the media.
- Format: Blu-ray, DVD, or VHS tape
- Must be an original copy; no backup copies.
- Must be owned by Fondren Library or by the course instructor
- No streaming video services or Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials.
- The main video with original-language audio and without subtitles will be digitized unless otherwise specified.
- Please allow two weeks for processing your video. During the week before the start of the semester and the first three weeks of the semester, processing times can take more than two weeks.
- If this is a Fondren Library copy you can request a longer-than-standard checkout period at the circulation desk or you may need to renew your material online while we digitize the media.
- You will receive an email when your video is available for viewing in Canvas and when your media is ready for pickup.
Videos are posted in Canvas.
If you are having trouble viewing videos, try:
- using a different browser
- disabling pop-up blockers
If the issues continue, contact the Help Desk.
Drop box and pickup locations:
The OIT Operations Center is in the Mudd Lab main lobby, and the drop box is around the corner to right of the window.