OIT can digitize and post videos from Blu-rays, DVDs, and VHS tapes in your course’s Canvas site. This will make videos more accessible to your students, and you can spend class time discussing videos rather than viewing them.
If you would like us to digitize a Blu-ray disc, DVD, or VHS tape, please drop it off in the classroom video drop box next to the OIT Operations Center in the main lobby of Mudd Lab.
Please include a completed Video Digitization Request Form with the media. For your convenience it is in a fillable PDF format.
- Please allow two weeks for processing your video. During the week before and the first three weeks of the semester, processing times can take over two weeks.
- Must be an original copy owned by the course instructor or by Fondren Library.
- Fondren Library media can be requested for a longer-than-standard checkout period at the circulation desk or can be renewed online while we digitize the media.
- No InterLibrary Loan materials, rental or streaming media.
- Format: Blu-ray, DVD, or VHS tape
- The main video with original-language audio and without subtitles will be digitized unless otherwise specified.
- You will receive an email when your video is available for viewing in Canvas and when your media is ready for pickup.